poi-user mailing list archives

From "KHZ (SAW)" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: Reading numeric values as strings from a cell
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:30:53 GMT
Hi Stefan.

Prefixing with ' we omitted such problems.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx
[mailto:Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.Lynx@rewe-group.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 09:42
An: 'poi-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Betreff: Reading numeric values as strings from a cell

Hi guys,

a question concering numeric data format and access to it:
I read a excel 97 sheet and test if all the cells of inter-
est are datatype 49 to have alphanumeric access to the cell
content. I'll like to have the cell content as text in order
to process for example 13 digit long DB2 table attributes.

But even if I try to read the Excel formatted field (all di-
gits and left vertical aligned) as text, I have to read them
as CELL_TYPNUMERIC. With this approach I lost the text infos
and must bother with Doubles, Integer Java types with is a
little overhead (even with toString()) for my aim.
Wen I enter numeric data in the text formatted cell things
turn better a I can process the content as ordenary strings.

Any suggestions how to extract all numeric values a strings?

Thanks a lot in advance for reading and much more for writting ;=).

Greetings from Cologne, Germany,
Stefan