poi-user mailing list archives

From Phillip W Virgo <pvi...@csc.com>
Subject Fw: set fill pattern
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:55:22 GMT

I would like to make a simple background color for some (merged) cells in a
spreadsheet.

This seems right:
t3Style.setFillBackgroundColor(HSSFColor.LIGHT_TURQUOISE.index);

but the above code has no effect unless I also do this:
t3Style.setFillPattern(somePattern)

But the fill patterns allowed are all terrible - I don't want any of those
patterns. I am unable to discover some way to get a simple background color
in a cell which allows one to read the text in the cell minus all the awful
dots and diamonds and squares, can anyone help?

Thanks (urgently desperate),

 Phil

for such purpose.