poi-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: PowerPoint comments
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:53:50 GMT
Nick Burch wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "comments", could you describe
> how to add them in powerpoint?

Insert menu, Comments.  It adds a sort of sticky note where you can
enter comments, and there can be multiple sticky notes from multiple
users on a single sheet.
> To figure out the record(s) for a comment, do the following:
> * take a single page PPT document without them
> * save it via "save as" (this ensures it doesn't do an update/partial
>    save, which leads to more complex record ordering + record
> duplication)
> * add in a single comment
> * save it via "save as"
> * compare the output of the various org.apache.poi.hslf.dev classes
>    (either PPTXMLDump, or SlideShowDumper, depending on which format you
>     find easier to understand)
> * see what new records have shown up
Okay, I see a few things.
  - A new VBAInfo inside a List up near the top of the output.
  - Extra binary data in a BinaryTagData directly below the VBAInfo,
which contains the text of my name.
  - Extra binary data in a BinaryTagData inside the slide itself, which
contains the text of the comment.

The good news is, the comment is beneath the Slide it belongs to
(although I can't instantly see how to figure out which bits are text.)

The bad news is when I added a second comment and saved that to create a
third document, I couldn't see the text of that second comment anywhere
in the diff from the output for a single comment.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Phone: (02) 9280 0699
Fax:   (02) 9212 6902