poi-user mailing list archives

From Laubach Shawn Contr 327 CSSG/GFSL <Shawn.Laub...@tinker.af.mil>
Subject RE: Problem with Cell formatting at columns level
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:28:26 GMT
Besides the macro, there are two methods that can be used.

1.  Implement the code in poi.  The record that tracks it is the
ColumnInfoRecord.  You'd have to expose a method to get and set these
records.

2.  *easier*  Create a blank sheet with the columns formatted the way you
want then when your code runs, instead of creating a new blank sheet, read
the new blank sheet and run as normal.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Madhav Sadhu [mailto:madhav.sadhu@saama.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:25 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Problem with Cell formatting at columns level

Hello,

I need to format the entire column of an excel. Currently, the only way I
can do it is by assigning a format to all the cells. However, for my
requirement, I  need to create a blank excel sheet with the columns
formatted, so that when users use that excel to fill in data, they donot do
need to worry about putting the data in a proper format.

I had posted this in the bug list and sent an email also on the same but
could not get any help. Any help in this matter is greatley appreciated.

Thanks
Madhav