poi-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Andrews <pythonadd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Cell formatting at columns level
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:02:41 GMT
As far as I am aware, there is no way to apply a  format to a column - that is too all of the
cells in a column - using a  single command. What you will have to do is add blank cells to
the  column in question; perhaps surprisingly, it is possible to set the  format for Blank
cells. That should ensure that the format of the cells  in the column is set ready for your
users to enter data.

  I have to admit however, that I have not tried this myself but I believe it will work.

Madhav Sadhu <madhav.sadhu@saama.com> wrote:  Hello,

I need to format the entire column of an excel. Currently, the only way I
can do it is by assigning a format to all the cells. However, for my
requirement, I  need to create a blank excel sheet with the columns
formatted, so that when users use that excel to fill in data, they donot do
need to worry about putting the data in a proper format.

I had posted this in the bug list and sent an email also on the same but
could not get any help. Any help in this matter is greatley appreciated.

Thanks
Madhav