poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re[2]: Image extraction
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:41:33 GMT
Hi Nick,

"Pictures" OLE stream is a tightly packed sequence of HEADER + picture
data. Header is 25 bytes. JPEG and PNG are stored as-is. BMP and WMF
are compressed. New pictures are added to the end with no change to
the start.

For each picture there is a EscherBStoreContainer defined on the
document level. It stores checksum and offset to the picture in the
"Pictures" stream.

>From slide's point of view Picture is a shape. That is for each picture in a
slide there is a EscherSp container with information about position, borders,
etc. EscherSp refers to EscherBStoreContainer which knows about image
position in the "Pictures" stream.

Regards, Yegor