poi-user mailing list archives

From "Madhav Sadhu" <madhav.sa...@saama.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Cell formatting at columns level
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:11:28 GMT
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried this approach before and it works, but the issue is, I need to serve
this xls over the web to the client browser.
This will increase the download time and network traffic if I create a huge
XLS file with blank rows and send it across the web.
User might end up using 10 rows, whereas I have to send a file with
65000(this is the maximun number that is alowed in xls I guess) rows.

Are you aware of any licensed tools which will allow to set formatting at
Column level (No JNI wrappers over COM components since my environment is
linux) ?

Thanks
Madhav

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Andrews" <pythonaddict@yahoo.com>
To: "POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with Cell formatting at columns level

> As far as I am aware, there is no way to apply a  format to a column -
that is too all of the cells in a column - using a  single command. What you
will have to do is add blank cells to the  column in question; perhaps
surprisingly, it is possible to set the  format for Blank cells. That should
ensure that the format of the cells  in the column is set ready for your
users to enter data.