poi-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Cameron" <camer...@homes.com>
Subject POI & JAF?
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:12:09 GMT
Hi all,

I am wondering if POI can be applied to a problem I am having.

I have some content in memory that I want to email to the user as an .xls
attachment. Using javax.activation, I create a DataHandler, passing my
content and the appropriate mime type as parameters to the constructor. For
this to work properly, there needs to be a class associated with
x-java-content-handler for that mime type (inside activation.jar in
mailcap.default or elsewhere). This all works just fine for a .txt
attachment.

I am wondering if there is a class in POI (HSSF) that could be used as the
x-java-content-handler for xls (application/msexcel). If not, I am wondering
if anyone has any other ideas for how to approach this issue.

Thanks,
Rob Cameron