poi-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Gross <st.gr...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Replacing text in Word using HWPF
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:20:19 GMT
Dege,

you're right, after having inspected the current code from scratchpad
and the Word97 Spec I realized that only the main documentis
currently handled by hwpf.
All other Sub Documents and the related offset tables are not handled.

In October I like to start some further investigations and finally propose
some patches for hwpf (so my schedule will allow...).

On the other hand I read in the developer list, by chance in the future there
will be an alternative implementation donated. So the question is, is it worth
the effort to start implementing missing functionality based on the old hwpf code?

Cheers
  Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dege Ratak [mailto:dege.r@pointclickcare.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:44 AM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: Replacing text in Word using HWPF

Actually the codes does work for a document containing headers and
footers The initial document I tested against was emailed to me from the
states (I'm in Canada) as part of a spec.  Perhaps it's the version of
word as I can pretty much duplicate the entire document and not have any
problems.
I'd be curious to know (if anyone uses this or follows up) what the
difference is, I can upload the two document version.