poi-user mailing list archives

From "KHZ (SAW)" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: Excel generating multiple files
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:28:52 GMT
Hi Carlos.

You'll have to read the same template several times. You've to use a
counter that shows you that the limit is reached (or better that you're
near the limit because you might have groups of rows belonging
together). You've to memorize your state somehow.

Having reached the limit you've to save your template filled with data
under name 1 and then you've to open the template again and load further
data.

We ourselves have run a copier from n input files 1-by-1 to n output
files. So it also shouldn't be a problem to copy from a database as
input to n output files.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Carlos Bergueira [mailto:carlos.bergueira@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. September 2005 19:20
An: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Excel generating multiple files

Hi All,
 I need write data (records from MySql) into an excel file.
Problem is: I need more than excel sheet capacity; i.e, more than 65536.
That's why I want to create the following filosofy: file_1.xls,
file_2.xls,
etc., file_n.xls.
My java class is generating only one file and data are alwayes write
into
the same file/sheet/row !
 Do someone have a code that generate multiple excel file ?
 Help is appreciate !
Thanks.

--
Cumprts,