poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Litwak" <klit...@apu.edu>
Subject row variable names
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:12:04 GMT
  I have a method that gets called several times, and each time it is
called, it creates an HSSFRow:

rowNum+= rowNum + (short)2;
HSSFRow personHeaderRow = gwrWS.createRow(rowNum);

Unfortunately, it seems that only one row is created in my .xls file,
even though this method is called many times. So my question is, How do
you execute the same code over and over to create distinct rows and
cells?  The example uses the same variable for row in a loop but I don't
get multiple rows when I do that.  This is probably something basic, but
it is unclear to me the relation between a separate row and the current
row object.  Thanks.

Ken

 Kenneth D. Litwak
Software Engineer III