poi-user mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <adeshm...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: AW: Label of hyperlink doesn't show
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:14:38 GMT
Karl-Heinz is probably right.
HYPERLINK like most other formulas in excel is not
marked volatile by excel, hence (IMO) it is not
evaluated when you open the sheet.

I think the problem of setting the initial value
for the formula result can be resolved by a patch
to the current source of POI but its not possible
to do that in the current version...

Since I do not have excel viewer, could you try
the following:
  Using POI create a sheet with a cell having the
formula: "RAND()" and see if excel viewer displays a
random number or zero. RAND is one of the few
functions that are marked volatile so I would expect
excelviewer to show a value regardless of the fact
that there is no initial value set.

Thanks and Regards,
~ amol