poi-user mailing list archives

From "Dicken D Douglas" <DickenDonova...@JohnDeere.com>
Subject Problem reading Excel
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:10:49 GMT
I just recently started working with poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar and
the HSSF classes.  I am trying to implement an application which reads
an excel template and takes the data and puts it into a database that
I've got setup.  I am getting the following exception:

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException: Unable to construct
record instance, the following exception occured: null

when this command runs "HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);"  The
strange thing is that I only get the error after I make a change to the
file.  If I were to modify the file now by making a small format change,
that it would work.  And then if I change it again, it will not work.
Has anyone run into this before?  Am I doing something wrong?  If anyone
is willing to help me, I'd be happy to share the file I am reading along
with the code I am using.

Thanks,
Doug