poi-user mailing list archives

From "Marx, Stefan ext. MA Fa. Lynx" <Stefan.Marxext.MAFa.L...@rewe.de>
Subject AW: How to Open the msword document from server to client system? ??
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:07:17 GMT
Hi Srinivas,

when we initialise started with POI/HSSF we tried both - we opened
BIFF file on the server side as well as on the client pc to measure the
performance impact and to proof that we can process templates on
both platforms. I've done that with the java i/o toolset. (To our surprise
it become clear that POI processes Excel document 3 times faster
on a plain vanila pc as on the big iron, obviously for file system reasons).
     So we move processing to the client side where we create sheet
and read templates. If you want to transfer them: What's about sending
the data serialised or may be compressed to the client in one respond
to a request ...

THT, greetings from Germany,
Stefan Marx