poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <a...@superlinksoftware.com>
Subject Re: POI Installation
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:05:24 GMT
If you're on windows you can get cygwin (cygwin.com).  It is a bash
shell for Windows.  Moreover you can download all the wonderful Linux
command line tools (and even X stuff)!  Most importantly, you can get
the best editor ever -- vi (emacs is a cult not an editor).  If you want
a GUI then you can get gvim.sf.net (graphical vi) for windows.  On OS X
you can use Fink and Fink Commander to get all the same except natively
compiled.  And of course all of this stuff generally comes with Linux.

-Andy