poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: PowerPointExtractor - java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:33:11 GMT
On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Stefan Gritzka wrote:
> Eehm... Ok, I think I made a bad mistake there... You're first guess was
> really right: Before the PowerPointExtractor came up, I already had poi-2.5.1
> working in my project... Somehow I simply forgot to remove it before
> importing the new version with the extractor. And two different versions of
> poi a definitely evil... I'm so sorry :-) And thank you very much for the
> help!

No worries, glad it was that easy to fix!

> So now, it works fine with the test files. But are there any limitations
> of what a ppt file may or must have and what is ignored by the
> extractor?

I still haven't figured out exactly how slides indicate which blocks of
text they want.

With Slides, all the text is stored in one place (SlideListWithText), so
powerpoint can give you a list of page titles easily. Each slide then
points (via a method I've yet to fully grok) to the bits of text it uses,
from within one of the common blocks of text.

With notes, the text is just embeded in the note itself, so life is much
easier

So, if you're seeing missing text, then that shows my (rather icky) slide
-> text matching isn't working right. If you could upload a problem file
to bugzilla, that might provide more illumination in just how the linking
works

Nick