poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: PowerPointExtractor - java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:30:53 GMT
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Stefan Gritzka wrote:
> I imported everything new, so this "private boolean shortRecord =
> false;" is also in line 50.

OK, that's my first guess gone. Can you add the powerpoint document to
bugzilla?

> My PowerPointExtractor does not work for any ppt-document, not even for
> a nearly blank one with just one word in it. So I think, it's more a
> problem of my surrounding settings rather than a problem of the
> extractor itself.

Can you give it a whirl with the test ppt file?
src/scratchpad/testcases/org/apache/poi/hslf/data/basic_test_ppt_file.ppt

If that one works, I'll need to see what's different about your ppt files
that's breaking DDF when we read in the ppt file. If that one doesn't
work, then can you try running all the unit tests for hslf, and report
which ones work?

Thanks
Nick