poi-user mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <adeshm...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: Euro Symbol in HSSFDataFormat
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:06:36 GMT
Götz,

I'm not sure if I fully understand the nature of
your problem... however, see if the following
approach helps you:

1.
Create an excel file using MS Excel, add a cell
havig data formatted as you desire (with the euro
symbol and all that).

2.
Save the file and open it using POI-HSSF in Java
and get the DataFormat. Following API calls should
be helpful:

  HSSFCell.getDataFormat()
  HSSFDataFormat.getFormat(short index)

This should give you the string that you can use
in your java code to contruct the DataFormat.

HTH,
~ amol