poi-user mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <adeshm...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: How do I read formula values??
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:47:50 GMT
Nishant,

Can you give more details as to what you mean by "read in
calculated value". Maybe a snippet of your code would
help better understand what you are attempting. I think
I understand what you are attempting but code says it
so much better than words - so if you can please post
the relevant code...

Regards,
~ amol

PS: If I understand you right, what you are trying
should be possible by foll code:
  // initialize HSSFFormulaEvaluator "evaluator"
  CellValue cv = evaluator.evaluate(cell);

  // switch() on cv type and call appropriate
  // ...cv.getXYZValue() method and call setCellValue(..)

...But this approach wont work with current version,
since:
 1. (see BUG 35288)
 2. HSSFFormulaEvaluator is still in development, it
workfs for a limited set of formulas only.