poi-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Gritzka <stefan.grit...@mediaclick.de>
Subject Re: PowerPointExtractor - java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:01:10 GMT
Nick Burch schrieb:

> On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Stefan Gritzka wrote:
>
>> I imported everything new, so this "private boolean shortRecord =
>> false;" is also in line 50.
>

> OK, that's my first guess gone. Can you add the powerpoint document to
> bugzilla?

Eehm... Ok, I think I made a bad mistake there... You're first guess was
really right: Before the PowerPointExtractor came up, I already had
poi-2.5.1 working in my project... Somehow I simply forgot to remove it
before importing the new version with the extractor. And two different
versions of poi a definitely evil... I'm so sorry :-) And thank you very
much for the help!

So now, it works fine with the test files. But are there any limitations
of what a ppt file may or must have and what is ignored by the
extractor? I have some files with very much text and all I get from the
extractor is about 10 lines. From another file I get a String filled
with one space...

Have a nice day,
Stefan.