poi-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Gritzka <stefan.grit...@mediaclick.de>
Subject Re: PowerPointExtractor - java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:11:49 GMT
I imported everything new, so this "private boolean shortRecord =
false;" is also in line 50. My PowerPointExtractor does not work for any
ppt-document, not even for a nearly blank one with just one word in it.
So I think, it's more a problem of my surrounding settings rather than a
problem of the extractor itself.

I have to say, that I'm still using jdk 1.3.1_04. To erase some small
compiler errors, I had to make some small changes:
RuntimeExceptions: E.g. in
jakarta-poi\src\scratchpad\src\org\apache\poi\hssf\usermodel\HSSFFormulaEvaluator.java
in line 458 to something like that: "throw new RuntimeException("Fatal
Error: "+ e);"
And line 61, 78, 97 and 123 in
jakarta-poi\src\scratchpad\src\org\apache\poi\hssf\record\formula\eval\RelationalOperationEval

"retval.bs[index] = Boolean.valueOf(be.getBooleanValue());" into
"etval.bs[index] = new Boolean(be.getBooleanValue());". But I don't
think, that these changes have anything to do with my problem...

Perhaps this additional information helps you?

Stefan