poi-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Gritzka <stefan.grit...@mediaclick.de>
Subject PowerPointExtractor - java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:04:55 GMT
Hi!
For my little Lucene application I just tried to implement the
jakarta-poi\src\scratchpad\src\org\apache\poi\hslf\extractor\powerpointextractor
to get the content of .ppt files.
Now my problem: As soon as I try to call any of the three
powerpointextractor constructors I get NegativeArraySizeException. I
changed nothing on the jakarta-poi-code and for example my hssf
implementation to extract .xls works just fine.

Here's some details to the exception:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
    at
org.apache.poi.ddf.EscherClientAnchorRecord.fillFields(EscherClientAnchorRecord.java:72)
    at
org.apache.poi.ddf.EscherContainerRecord.fillFields(EscherContainerRecord.java:53)
    at
org.apache.poi.ddf.EscherContainerRecord.fillFields(EscherContainerRecord.java:53)
    at
org.apache.poi.ddf.EscherContainerRecord.fillFields(EscherContainerRecord.java:53)
    at
org.apache.poi.hslf.record.PPDrawing.findEscherChildren(PPDrawing.java:108)
    at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.PPDrawing.<init>(PPDrawing.java:85)
    at
org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java:159)
    at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.findChildRecords(Record.java:102)
    at
org.apache.poi.hslf.record.DummyRecordWithChildren.<init>(DummyRecordWithChildren.java:50)
    at
org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java:155)
    at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.findChildRecords(Record.java:102)
    at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.readFIB(HSLFSlideShow.java:173)
    at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.<init>(HSLFSlideShow.java:102)
    at
org.apache.poi.hslf.extractor.PowerPointExtractor.<init>(PowerPointExtractor.java:95)

Can anyone help me out a bit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance!

Stefan