poi-user mailing list archives

From Neelima Madhavaram <nilu...@yahoo.com>
Subject invalidHeaderSignature
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 16:15:02 GMT

Hi POI users,

I am trying to read an excel file from a java program.

For first 10 times it worked fine but later it started giving InvalidHeaderSignature Error.

java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature; read 7521418675403179042, expected -2226271756974174256

15:32:25,274 INFO [STDOUT] at

org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.HeaderBlockReader.<init>(HeaderBlockReader.j

ava:88)

15:32:25,274 INFO [STDOUT] at

org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.ja

va:83)

By searching in poi archives, I got to know that many users got the same problem but no where
I could find the solution. I understand that it is not a properly saved excel file.But this
is the file we are going to receive from customers.Every time we can not open the file and
copy the contents.

Is there any way we can solve this problem?

One more problem I am facing is, when I am reading a cell, the data inside the cell is 3732135467(phone
no) but excel displays it as 3.7+e9 when I am trying to read it, POI getCell() Displays it
as 3.732135467+e9 . Is there a way to display the correct data?

Thanks

nmadhava