poi-user mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: read a txt file
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:31:24 GMT
Guys, seriously.  I know you want to be helpful but you'll inundate this
list with "hello world" posts and there will be too much "how to use
Java" posts for this to continue to be a useful resource for POI.  I
know what I'm talking about.  Please refrain from answering non-POI
questions here.  If you want to be helpful, refer them to another list
such as the forums on java.sun.com or the Java Tutorial.  Its not being
"unhelpful", "unfriendly" or mean its just being sensible.

-andy

Lansdale Redmond wrote:
> Why not just use a FileReader , BufferReader class to read text files?

POI. I have an application that it read a excel file and it is working well.

> Now I am going to procces a text file, in this file is the same information that the
excel file.  My problem is that I can not read this text file (.txt) with POI.

> is there any way to do this?
>
> Thanks.

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.