poi-user mailing list archives

From "rsaccav\@libero\.it" <rsac...@libero.it>
Subject Difference in file size
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 07:36:19 GMT
Hi, I need some help about POI

I'm writing a class for changing one or more properties of a SummaryInfo or DocumentInfo section
I started with the CopyCompare example and I have changed it to simply binary copy all the
sections in order to learn the internal logic of POI sections and property sets.

After the copy has been completed the compare of the sections return correctly that the contents
of the sections copied is the same but ... why the size of the file isn't the same of the
original and either if the size is the same a binary compare show many differences?

The difference in dimension is minimal (some kb) but the integrity of the contents of the
file is maintained?

Another question: is it possible to change a single property without rewriting the entire
file, for instance looking for the SummaryInfo file and change only the Title property?

Thanks, Raffaele
Italy