poi-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Muhammed Syyid <msy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FontRecord problem
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 19:24:55 GMT
I found the bugzilla page but i'm not sure about which version to post it 
under. I just got HEAD from cvs. Looking at the build file, its got a 
property tag set @ "version.id" value="2.1", should I file it under
2.0final? Also about the bug itself, i've reproduced it in the current
stable
build as well the HEAD version i got. Sorry for being a pain but I can't 
submit the xls file, i've stripped all the data and can still recreate the 
problem but didn't get authorization to post it on the web. If one of you 
guys want to take a look i'll be more then happy to send it directly? Thanks

Muhammed

On 4/27/05, avik.sengupta@itellix.com <avik.sengupta@itellix.com> wrote:
> 
> Sounds like a bug, thanks for the detailed investigation, could you please
> submit this to bugzilla, and and attach the offending sheet as well? this 
> will
> ensure that this issue does not drop thru the cracks.
> 
> I was wondering, however, why all sheets dont show this problem....ie, 
> what
> triggers the issue, is it non-ascii font name itself? I presume your sheet 
> is
> created by excel, rather than poi?
> 
> Regards
> -
> Avik
> 
> Quoting Muhammed Syyid <msyyid@gmail.com>:
> 
> > Hi
> > An excel workbook of mine is causing an exception (mentioned below). 
> I've=
> > =20
> > tried tracing the code and it seems that a FontRecord is created with 
> byte=
> > =20
> > 14 > 0 which in turn causes=20
> > field_10_font_name_len > 0 causing unicode decoding code to be invoked 
> whic=
> > h=20
> > produces the exception itself. I've followed the codepath and the data 
> arra=
> > y=20
> > is filled directly from the inputstream, retrieving a +ve 124 for 
> data[14].=
> > =20
> >
> > Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal length
> > at org.apache.poi.util.StringUtil.getFromUnicodeLE(StringUtil.java:78)
> > at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.fillFields(FontRecord.java:146)
> > at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:91)
> > at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:55)
> > at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.FontRecord.<init>(FontRecord.java:88)
> > ... 25 more
> >
> > The exception is thrown in getFromUnicodeLE but i havent encountered 
> that=
> > =20
> > method usually being called to begin with. Any ideas on what to do? I 
> found=
> > =20
> > a bunch of similar bugs but nothing specifically referring to=20
> > getFromUnicodeLE or FontRecord.=20
> >
> > Thanks a bunch
> >
> > Muhammed
> > PS I went through the openoffice documentation but didnt find 
> anything=20
> > specifically referencing a font record or what valid values its data 
> record=
> > =20
> > should contain @ the mentioned offset.
> >
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: poi-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> Mailing List: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#poi
> The Apache Jakarta Poi Project: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/
> 
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message