poi-user mailing list archives

From marc <wdkm...@wilson.dk>
Subject Re: Problem writing xls
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:59:29 GMT

Sorry the late reply.

This is the code from where it goes wrong:

I take a sheet and makes a iterator, to go over the rows. Moves the
iterator's maker to position 4, because thats where me data starts. Then
I check's if the cell in the current row is blank. If it is not. I go
thow the rows making them into beans.
And at last I return the beans in a ArrayList.

But as I said in me first mail. First time I call it on a new sheet it
counts 1 short. See the output in the bottom.

private Collection getAlias(HSSFSheet sheet) throws NoRowsExcistException {
         ConstansForAliasPOI constant = ConstansForAliasPOI.getInstance();
         ArrayList _alias = new ArrayList();
         int start = constant.getSTRATOFALIAS();
         Iterator rows = sheet.rowIterator();
         HSSFRow curretrow =(HSSFRow) rows.next();
         for(int n=0;n<start-1;n++)curretrow = (HSSFRow)rows.next();

         MailAliasDTO currentDTO;

         if(!(curretrow.getCell((short)0)==null)){
             while(rows.hasNext()){

                 curretrow = (HSSFRow) rows.next();
                 currentDTO = new MailAliasDTO();

currentDTO.setOwner(curretrow.getCell((short)0).getStringCellValue());
                 currentDTO.setAlias(curretrow.getCell((short
)1).getStringCellValue());

currentDTO.setReciver(curretrow.getCell((short)2).getStringCellValue());
                 _alias.add(currentDTO);

                 }
         }else{
             throw new NoRowsExcistException();
         }
         System.out.println("My alias list, from my xls, is this long:
"+_alias.size()+" when I call getAlias()");
         return _alias;
     }

Output first run:
My alias list, from my xls, is this long: 3 when I call getAlias()

But there is 4 lines in me XLS.
If I then make a change in the XLS or add's one. Lets say I add one, so
there is 5 lines in the XLS. And then runs the code, then I get:
My alias list, from my xls, is this long: 5 when I call getAlias()