poi-user mailing list archives

From Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading Excel 3.0 format file
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:00:42 GMT
Cool. Although using a COM interface is probably more appropriate in
your case, I did find a way to execute the conversion code via a
script. This might be beneficial for others with similar needs.

A recent mail prompted me to explore using Windows VB scripting
support to accomplish this.

Create a file called convert.vbs with the following contents :

Dim objexcel
Set objExcel = createobject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.Workbooks.Open("<path to excel 3>")
objexcel.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs("C:\convert\excel-97.xls")
objexcel.Quit

Execute the script from command line by calling

C:\temp>cscript convert.vbs

Regards,
Sanjiv