poi-user mailing list archives

From Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading Excel 3.0 format file
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:48:16 GMT
You can't do this in Java. Since you need some way of automating this
conversion, I would create a small VB executable that accomplishes the
equivalent of the VBA code that I posted. (I'm not aware of a way to
execute VBA code through a shell command ).

Just do a Google search on how to write VB code to access MS Excel
functionality. Here's a link to get you started

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_excel_write.html

Sanjiv