poi-user mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <adeshm...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: Timeout?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:57:45 GMT
It could be browser timeout (though unlikely since you should
get "Remote connection terminated" or such error in server log).

why dont you try writing a simple java client (standalone console app)
that connects to you server on the servlet url and see if it can
download the file when download takes more than a min.

Or try serving some other file (non XLS) that takes more than a
min (or put Thread.sleep(MORE_THAN_60_SECS) in servlet code for testing)
and see if that gives similar problems.

That will hopefully tell you whether its the browser or the server
that is causing the problem.

BTW, it does not seem to be POI related
(though I know you could use all the help you can get :)

HTH,
~ amol