poi-user mailing list archives

From "Suchitra Sundararajan" <Suchitra_...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Regarding HSSF Formatting issues
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:54:31 GMT
Hi ,
Thanks Amol for the suggestions but I still require further help.
Is there any other way other than increasing the JVM size, with respect
to destroying the java objects and recreating them in say batches of
1000?
I tried creating the File and Workbook objects inside the while loop and
even though the file was created in append mode it had only one row,
presumably the last row.
Even when I am adding data in batches, without recreating the file and
workbook objects that is, creating it outside the while loop, the object
size keeps growing as, at no point are we destroying the object itself
and every time I write the object it is actually overwriting the earlier
file.
Can you help me with this?
I have attached the java file.
The above code throws an out of memory exception.
What I want is this.
/ Is there some way in which the object can be set to null and then
created again and the file appended. I created the file in append mode
but still no avail.
/ In case I increase the heap size how reliable is it?
/ What if I have applications having about 40-50 thousand rows. I mean
there might be a case wherein even the max heap size might be exceeded?

Can you please provide me info about these?