poi-user mailing list archives

From Andrš Petr (EXT) <PAn...@csas.cz>
Subject RE: Building POI with different package path
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:59:47 GMT
Actually I want to have two versions of POI in one web application lib (WEB-INF/lib) in Weblogic
7. One copy is customized version 0.4 included in Jive Forums and KB we have bought, it is
used by Jive to perform text extraction from Word documents to index them and the other version
of POI I want to use is version 2.0 for implementing text extraction from Excel files to be
able to index them as well. I don't have much experience with classloading, I know only that
each web app has its own classpath, so I really don't understand what are you suggesting.

However I think that I succeeded to solve my problem. I loaded 2.0 sources into IDEA and through
its refactoring feature renamed package from org.apache.poi to org.apache.poi20 and compiled
it and it seems to work.

pa