poi-user mailing list archives

From "Brule, Jon" <Jon.Br...@xerox.com>
Subject Getting Alphabetic Column Name vs Number?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:55:20 GMT
Good evening,

Being new to Jakarta POI, I have what is probably a simple question.

I am using POI's Event API to convert an Excel document to XML. In doing
so, I am validating the data contained within the spreadsheet. I route
any error to an errors XML, which is then transformed into a user report
using XSLT. To help the user find the error, I am including the cell
reference, but I only seem to be about to get the column number from any
CellValueRecordInterface implementation. Is there a utility somewhere
within POI to convert to column number to the alphabetic column name
representation (i.e. A, B, AA, IV, etc.)? I hate to create my own
algorithm if one already exists within the POI package.

Thanks.

BTW, I love the Event API. It's easy to work with and fast!

Regards,
Jon Brule