poi-user mailing list archives

From "Klimenko, Mariya" <Mariya.Klime...@eia.doe.gov>
Subject hssf question
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:19:06 GMT
Hi,
I have a class that uses event api to extract certain records from spreadsheet
and construct a new workbook with those records.
I use events rather than just reading in a spreadsheet into a workbook because
the latter did not work when I tried it, it was only reading the first record,
but the former worked fine until I came across a spreadsheet with drop down
lists.  The problem spreadsheet has drop down lists of states at the top of every
column.  However when I run it through my class I get a very strange result - a
separate sheet with a single list of 50 states.  So if my workbook has 3 sheets,
I get 4 sheets as a result, one of them being the above mentioned list of states.
I thought I was just not catching the correct records, however I could not find
corresponding records in the hssf api.  Is there a record(s) that will allow me
to process this? How does hssf handle this type of situations?  Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks, Mariya.