poi-user mailing list archives

From Georgios Samaritakis <samar...@ics.forth.gr>
Subject Downloaded POI-Trying to integrate HWPF
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:08:07 GMT
Hello all

I've just downloaded POI 2.5.1. I want an API to work with Word files so
the next step would be to download HWPF. Well I'm not sure what to do next.
 I'm supposed to get some files from a CVS or something and then build a
new POI jar file??? It all sounds Greek to me ;)... Anyway could someone
explain to me in plain English how to make HWPF work for me?

P.S. I would like to be able to write a program like tha following that
works (tried using textmining...):

import java.lang.*;
import java.io.*;

class hello {
    FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream ("test.doc");
WordExtractor extractor = new WordExtractor();

String str = extractor.extractText();
        System.out.println(str); //Display the string.
    }
}