poi-user mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger <jdrae...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: sending formatted Excel data to clibboard
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:06:33 GMT
Hi,

thank you for your answer.

Daniel de Miguel González wrote:

>> I want to create an formatted Excel table in an Applet and copy it to
>> the clipboard without creating a file.
>> I have not found any information about this concern.
>> Is that possible with HSSF? How?
>

> I think Clipboard is no related to POI.
>
> you have to check the class java.awt.datatransfer.Clipboard

Sending data to clipboard is not the problem.
I'm already sending the following to the clipboard:

a1 \t b1 \t c1 \t\n
a2 \t b2 \t c2 \t\n
a3 \t b3 \t c3 \t\n

Now I want to influence the size, borders, font  and colors of the cells.
On the HSSF Page I can learn how to create Excel files.
But how to send a worksheet to the clipboard?

regards,

Joachim