poi-user mailing list archives

From Alex Karshakevich <al...@thoughtspeed.biz>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and POI/HSSF jsp problem
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:15:15 GMT
Hi,

POI jars would normally go into WEB-INF/lib directory of your webapp,
not into Tomcat's shared lib directory.

Alex.

David W. Brown wrote:

>Hello POI/HSSF gurus, I have Tomcat 5.5 installed and working OK. I have built a .war
file that expands and deploys properly under TC. The .war file contains a single JSP that
will not compile and execute with the following error conditions:

>POIFSFileSystem cannot be resolved or is not a type
>HSSFWorkbook cannot be resolved or is not a type
>HSSFSheet cannot be resolved or is not a type
>HSSFRow cannot be resolved or is not a type
>HSSFCell cannot be resolved or is not a type
>
>I am importing everything needed to resolve the above issues but obviously the POI jars
are not located by TC. I have copied the POI jars to: tomcat5.5/common/lib and also to: tomcat5.5/shared/lib
without any change in the situation described above.