poi-user mailing list archives

From "Claussen, Larry M" <lmcl...@sandia.gov>
Subject Problem with showing leading zeros with cell formatting
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:44:57 GMT
I have data such as Serial Number which are all numeric values that have
leading zeros.
Since this information will NEVER be used as an actual number I have
been trying to use

//Text
HSSFCellStyle textCellStyle = wb.createCellStyle();
textCellStyle.setAlignment(HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_LEFT);
textCellStyle.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getBuiltinFormat("text"));

to get the leading zeros to display. When I look at the style created
for this cell in the spreadsheet it shows General. I have also created
a custom style to no avail. Thanks for any help (bit of a code snippit
would be
useful as well).