poi-user mailing list archives

From <Frans.Fli...@INGBank.com>
Subject RE: Excel problems
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:25:44 GMT
Hi,

Firstly, I assume "-ve" means "negative"? Please, use proper english when
possible, it helps people understand your posts better. Not everyone may be
up to date on crazy abbreviations people use on the Internet.

As to your dataformat problem: the reason Excel displays it in brackets is
that your dataformat specifies that:

($#,##0.00);($#,##0.00)

Try

$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00

Or simply:

$#,##0.00

(If no negative format is specified, I think the default is to use the
positive and prefix a negative sign).

As for the other questions, I dont' know an answer off the top of my head.
Check the HSSFCellStyle API page on jakarta.apache.org/poi.

Regards,
Frans

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.