poi-user mailing list archives

From "Mili Aggarwal, Noida" <mi...@noida.hcltech.com>
Subject Excel problems
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:36:02 GMT
Hi All,
	Its a great to be used to create reports but there are certain
formatting problems which even docs does not seem to provide an answer for:

1) I have an existing Excel Sheet with some formatting applied ex. Cells
A0-A7 merged with the first few words in Bold and rest in regular. In my
code,when I get that sheet and add more lines and write it to another
sheet,the formatting seems to get lost for the merged cells.It sets all the
text in bold since the forst word is in bold..Any ideas as what to do about
it?

2) How to display currency in -ve? Ex if I want a cell format that should
display $45.56 OR -$45.45 then what should be dataformat used?Presently,I am
using ($#,##0.00);($#,##0.00).but it shows -ve numbers in BRACKETS...How and
whats the solution?

3) How to vertically align text in merged cells?

I suppose,formatting is one of the important aspect of an excel.So,can you
please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot.

Warm Regards,
Mili Aggarwal
HCL TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
Noida, India.
Tel: +91 (0120) 2516321/328 Extn: 1034
Email: milia@noida.hcltech.com

---------

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is
confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. Contents
may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely
intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.