poi-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Re: Downloaded POI-Trying to integrate HWPF
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:05:14 GMT
Hello Georgios, I have not worked with the HWPF but I do have some experience with POI/HSSF.
I not a POI expert but I am a Java expert. I found the going with POI a lot easier if you
just opt for the POI binary download as opposed the building from the POI source and creating
your own jar files. Once you get the POI HWPF binary (zip for Windows and tar for UNIX) you
should be able to get you standalone java class executable to work. It appears you understand
Java packages and how to import them. You will need to edited your code to reflect the import
of the POI packages. As an example I have create a small POI/HSSF standalone and the following
are the imports I use for POI/HSSF. The imports for POI/HWPF should be similar. HTH, David.

import org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow;

Georgios Samaritakis wrote ..