poi-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Jaeger <christoph.jae...@cargodata.at>
Subject Bar codes in Excel files
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:43:05 GMT
Hi,

I would like to include a bar code in an Excel sheet my program creates
(using POI). There are two ways I can images this works:

- by using a bar code font
- by creating a (PNG / GIF) image of the bar code in include this in the
Excel sheet

I would prefer the first one. Now, I had a look at the POI API Javadoc,
and found the HSSFFont class, and that you can get a new font from
HSSFWorkBook.getFont() or HSSFWorkBook.findFont(). Is it in any way
possible to use a given bar code font (I have a TTF font) here, or can
you only use predefined fonts?

If this first approach does not work, would it be possible to insert an
image (PNG / GIF / whatever) of the bar code I would like to see in my
Excel sheet?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Christoph J├Ąger