poi-user mailing list archives

From "David W. Brown" <dwbr...@webitplanet.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 and POI/HSSF jsp problem
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:44:16 GMT
Hello POI/HSSF gurus, I have Tomcat 5.5 installed and working OK. I have built a .war file
that expands and deploys properly under TC. The .war file contains a single JSP that will
not compile and execute with the following error conditions:

POIFSFileSystem cannot be resolved or is not a type
HSSFWorkbook cannot be resolved or is not a type
HSSFSheet cannot be resolved or is not a type
HSSFRow cannot be resolved or is not a type
HSSFCell cannot be resolved or is not a type

I am importing everything needed to resolve the above issues but obviously the POI jars are
not located by TC. I have copied the POI jars to: tomcat5.5/common/lib and also to: tomcat5.5/shared/lib
without any change in the situation described above.

Any ideas?

Please advise,

David.