poi-user mailing list archives

From "KHZ (SAW)" <karl-heinz.zenge...@sawag.com>
Subject AW: Invalid header signature?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:51:35 GMT
Hi PA.

Typically such results come when the expected type doesn't fit to the
real type, e.g. an ASCII file named like a word document.

So your assumption is likely to be right.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: PA [mailto:petite.abeille@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. Februar 2005 14:46
An: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Invalid header signature?

Hello,

I'm using Textmining's WordExtractor to index some MS Word documents:

http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/file/ZOE/Bundles/MSWordTextDecoder/
MSWordTextDecoder.java

This is in the context of this application:

http://zoe.nu/

Everything works pretty nicely, but I recently ran into the following
exception:

java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature; read 290834230142674395,

expected -2226271756974174256
	at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.HeaderBlockReader.<init>(HeaderBlockReader.

java:88)
	at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.j

ava:83)
	at
org.textmining.text.extraction.WordExtractor.extractText(WordExtractor.j

ava:48)

Googling around seems to indicate that perhaps the MIME part being
decoded was not really an application/msword part. Is that a correct
diagnostic?

For the record, I'm using poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar and
tm-extractors-0.4.jar.

TIA.

Cheers

--