poi-user mailing list archives

From Will Stranathan <w...@thestranathans.com>
Subject Re: poi hssf translate column numbers to letters
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:26:12 GMT
Here's a BSH function I use.  Feel free to translate to proper Java:

getColName(short num) {
	v = new Vector();
	String alphabet = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";
	for (i = 0; i < alphabet.length(); i++) {
		v.add(alphabet.charAt(i));
	}
	for (i = 0; i < alphabet.length(); i++) {
		for (j = 0; j < alphabet.length(); j++) {
			v.add(alphabet.charAt(i) + alphabet.charAt(j));
		}
	}
	return(v.elementAt(num));
}