poi-user mailing list archives

From Vishal <vishal_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Reading JSP generated Excel file using HSSF
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:07:33 GMT
I generate excel reports using JSP that makes HTML table and then
setting mimetype. The excel file is saved on the server to be later
served up on request, which works fine.Now, I would like to read this excel
file into an HSSFWorkbook so I can make simple changes like freeze pane before
sending to user. The problem is that HSSF does not seem to accept this
as an Excel file even though it is one. The exception is
an invalid header signature.
I noticed that when i bring the file up in excel seperately, it is thought
of as an excel file but the default is to save as an html. even though
the report is right there in a excel worksheet(converted from html table).
Is there a way to read this file into HSSF since it is a valid excel file
in the excel world??

thanks
Vishal