poi-user mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <adeshm...@hobsons-us.com>
Subject RE: WebServer and .xls
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:16:42 GMT
Bruce,

Try changing your JRE policy on the machine that runs the apple tin the
browser
by adding foll to the local java policy file:

  grant {
      permission java.util.PropertyPermission "poi.deserialize", "read";
  };

If you installed Java with all the std options at the time of installation,
your policy file should be at:
     C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\lib\security\java.policy

That should work.. but this is for testing only.
What you would be doing in the above test is granting permission to all
applets irrespective of their origin.
You really should be signing the applet and restrict the 'permission grant'
to "signedby".

HTH,
~ amol