poi-user mailing list archives

From <Iain.Sheph...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: AW: Data range for charts
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:11:26 GMT
Nitin,

Don't know if this helps (see below)

Apols for the re-post (last time I tried the archives, they weren't working for me)

Iain Shepherd

-----Original Message-----
From: Shepherd, Iain: IT (LDN)
Sent: 07 January 2005 13:38
To: 'POI Users List'
Subject: RE: Antwort: Re: HSSF - Changing chart series size.

I had this problem last night, and just found a different solution:

You can define the chart data as a reference to a named range. POI can't edit charts, but
it can edit named ranges. I think.

Going further, you can avoid editing the named range, if you define a named range for each
column like this: ColA = '=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,1,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1)'

such a named range expands as you add more data to column A.

More details: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011098011033.aspx

Iain Shepherd