poi-user mailing list archives

From Dragos <dbo...@infonium.ca>
Subject Cell reference
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:30:37 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thank you for your quick response.
I'm trying to bring a number. I tried the same formula directly in Excel and it
has worked.
What I want to do is to create one excel file with some data and another file
with references to that data.
Does POI support references to cells from another file?
Thanks,
Dragos

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your quick response.
I'm trying to bring a number. I tried the same formula directly in Excel and it
has worked.
What I want to do is to create one excel file with some data and another file
with references to that data.
Does POI support references to cells from another file?
Thanks,
Dragos

    Hi Dragos.

     What does the other direction bring? (i.e. generating the situation in
     Excel and looking what the formula text in POI is)

     Compare this with your actual result.

     Regards,	Karl-Heinz.

         Hello all,

         I'm trying to create a cell that is a reference to a cell from another
         excel
         file. To do that I used:

         HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
         FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream("workbook.xls");
         HSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("firstSheet");

         HSSFRow row = sheet.createRow((short)0);

         HSSFCell cell = row.createCell((short)1);
         cell.setCellFormula("'C:\\[test2.xls]results'!$A$2");
         wb.write(fileOut);
         fileOut.close();

         ... but in the resulted excel file I find "=#REF!$A$2". Is this
         functionality
         supported or maybe there is something wrong with my code?

         Regards,
         Dragos