poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kendall Coolidge" <Kendall.Cooli...@ccbai.com>
Subject RE: Content length issue
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:27:08 GMT
Dave,

I have seen the two-dialog download issue and I do have a work-around
that you may or may not like.

Right-click My Computer, Explore, and choose Tools, then Folder Options.

Select the tab File Types, and scroll and select XLS Microsoft Excel
Workbook.

Click Advanced, and if the "Confirm Open After Download" box is checked,
uncheck it.  Then OK out.

Of course, the problem with this is that it is desktop by desktop.  We
found that some folks had the problem while others did not.

Hope this helps,
Kendall

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamu, Dave [mailto:Dave.Hamu@Avnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 3:04 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: Content length issue

We have the identical platform and we do not set the length and we do
not see the error that you reported.  I was curious if you download to
the user or if you stream to the browser?  If you download to the user
by setting the content type, do you get one or two download dialogs?  We
get two and it's really baffling.  Perhaps someone has seen this problem
and knows how to resolve it.

Thanks,

Dave